It’s the one day every year where you are typically expected to hand over a box of chocolates and flowers to that person you love. The box of chocolates and flowers present is a little cliche and might not be the best idea for the second year or more year in a row. But, Verin, what else can i do, I’m just a broke university student and i spent all my money on my subscription to Call of Duty Elite. Have no fear loyal reader, i will be providing a detailed list of things to do on Valentines day on and off a budget. The most important thing to keep in mind during this whole ordeal is that you are showing your partner that they are loved and special to you.
Valentines day presents without a budget. So that wonderful hallmark holiday is coming up and this year you have decided to go all out. Well let’s get right to it then.
Now every valentine is different but here are some basic nerdy and non-nerdy presents you can get your boyfriend or girlfriend:
- A necklace in a design that reflects who she is or what she means to you. An example would be if she is Irish and loves her heritage get her a necklace with a Celtic design. You can also include an engraving either in Celtic or in plain old English. When it comes to engravings aim for something personal and not cliché.
- Any other sort of jewelry, such as bracelets, rings and earrings that can contain their birthstone or a more expensive gem.
- An all inclusive trip to the spa is a great way to both show your love and make your wonderful girlfriend feel beautiful.
- Flowers delivered to her place of work or waiting for her when she gets home. Now it is important to include a personalized note with these flowers. The note lets you make use of your imagination and romantically address them with sweet words.
- If she is a gamer consider getting her something related to gaming that shows your love such as a t-shirt. If you are really looking to wow her get both you and her tickets to one of the many big conventions such as Blizzcon.
- Giving her non-lingerie oriented clothing such as scarfs, sweaters, and as previously mentioned shirts are good too.
- Concert tickets to her favorite band or tickets to her favorite play if she enjoys theater.
- If your boyfriend is nerdy or a gamer you can get him a new personalized gaming mouse or headsets even. Though those can be rather expensive even off a budget.
- (this can be for either boy or girl), If he has been talking about a new game that’s out or about to come out consider pre-ordering it for him. Just make sure that he hasn’t already done so.
- Guys always need clothing, even when we don’t move we tend to get holes in our shirts. If you’re looking to get your guy to wear new clothes this is a great time to go out and buy him something he will look good in. Such as a Diablo 3 hoodie or something less nerdy.
- Some guys will wear necklaces so there is the possibility to get him some sort of personalized jewelry such as dog tags with love notes on them or metal guitar picks with both your initials on them.
- Hats. Most guys wear hats and on Valentines day you can go out and buy him a new one that you know he will look good in.
- Almost anything nowadays, from lighters to cellphone cases, can be personalized and wrapped up as a thoughtful romantic gift. Just choose something that they will use or wear often.
Valentines day dates without a budget.
- Take them out to a restaurant that requires you both to dress up a little bit. To be safe choose a place that you know they will enjoy. If you want to make this a surprise and have no idea what sort of foods he/she likes then ask their friends and get them in on it too.
- If you managed to get them tickets to a play or concert on valentines day keep it a surprise until the day of, just make sure they know to keep their schedule clear for that day.
- In general when planning a date off a budget let your imagination run rampant. If they are the sort to enjoy a group of people playing Mozart while you dine in a fancy restaurant than go for it. If you don’t need to worry about how much you spend then the skies the limit. Just keep in mind that they might be on a budget and not spending too much on them will make them feel better when they hand you your present.
Valentines day presents on a budget.
- These are my favorite gifts because often they are the ones that require more thought and love.
- A photo album detailing how you two first met complete with cute comments
- a C.D. with all of their favorite songs or all the love songs that best describe your feelings.
- Try your hand at poetry and include a single rose with the note.
- Fill the book they are reading or pockets of their jacket with little love notes.
- If you can draw then draw an image of the both of you together.
- Sing them a love song.
Valentines day dates on a budget.
- Make dinner together. Do the shopping together and pick out all your favorite things, then go home and cook them together. Light candles and if you’re really feeling the romantic spirit put on some music and dance around the kitchen together.
- If the weather outside is nice have a picnic outside or if in a warmer climate, take a drive to the beach and spend a day in the sun together.
No matter what you do on Valentines day it’s important to spend time with your partner and shower them in affection all day. It’s a special day so don’t worry about being overly clingy, you’re supposed to spend as much time as possible together.